Rath’s Open Letter to the American Health Food Community with photos can be found at http://www.rath.nl/usa/politics/olhealth.htm While I agree with most of what Rath says, and his expose of Hoechst, Bayer, and BASF’s involvement in CODEX is very good, I don’t agree with his view that DSHEA was a complete victory.
There is language in the drug definition of DSHEA that badly needs to be changed. FDA can ban a product if it constitutes a substantial OR unreasonable risk. That OR should be changed to an "AND" which is why we introduced HR 1709, the Consumer Health Free Speech Act.
The current language of DSHEA gives the FDA too much leeway to attack dietary supplements on a basis of "risk assessment"- they could use the NAS paper "A Risk Assessment Model for Establishing Safe Upper Levels for Nutrients" as the basis for banning high potency vitamins.
By signing the sanitary/phytosanitary measures section of NAFTA and GATT, the USA entered into an agreement to constantly harmonize our laws. Although that was blocked to a degree by the amendment to the FDA Moderniation Act wherein dietary supplements were exempted from the harmonization language, that amendment could easily be repealed or ignored, much as the FDA is currently ignoring Congress regarding Codex.
I also don’t agree with Rath’s analysis of the results of the Codex meeting in Berlin. While it is true that the draft proposal for vitamins and minerals did not advance, that is an illusion. Rath fails to grasp that the FDA has greased the skids for CODEX to start moving beyond the consumer generated impasse by violating current US law by putting the scientifically fraudulent NAS Risk Assessment paper on the table. Rath also doesn’t realize that BASF and Rhone Polenc are members of NNFA. This explains why NNFA has not been helping me to get a congressional oversight hearing on CODEX and why they have been filling Beth Clay’s plate with other oversight matters in an effort to keep oversight from occurring on CODEX prior to the upcoming meeting at the end of June in Rome Italy.
NNFA is currently denying that BASF and Rhone Polenc are members even though it says they are in their 1998 membership directory. Michael Ford, exec director of NNFA, and Randy Dennin, Chair of their international committee refused my offer to debate them on the Gary Null show, as have Karl Reidel, co chair of NNFA’s International Committee, and NNFA President Joe Bassett. Bassett told me that Dennin and Reidel formulated NNFA’s position on CODEX and the rest of the committee went along with it. It should be noted that Dennin works for Capsugel, a subsidiary of Warner Lambert. It should also be noted that if he were not aligned with CRN’s (and FDA’s) position, (by getting behind the NAS Risk Assessment paper), he could lose business to AHP, his biggest competitor, which is a member of CRN. -John Hammell
Open Letter by Matthias Rath, M.D. to the
Health Food Community in the USA
Open Letter by Matthias Rath, M.D. to the
Health Food Community in the USA
Dr. Rath is the physician and scientist who led the medical breakthrough on vitamins and cardiovascular disease documented in his book "Why Animals Don't Get Heart Attacks - But People Do". Two-time Nobel Laureate Linus Pauling stated in his last will in June 1994, "There is no question in my mind that I thought about Dr. Rath as my successor".
Dr. Rath was born in Germany and worked in the USA for many years. Now he lives in Holland and is organizing the battle against the head of the international Pharma-Cartel Germany's Hoechst, Bayer, and BASF and their efforts to ban vitamins and other natural therapies world-wide.
With this Open Letter Dr. Rath informs the health food community in the U.S. and the American people about important recent developments in the global battle to preserve vitamin freedom. Moreover, this letter is an appeal to every human being to seize the historic responsibility and opportunity helping to end the tyranny of the Pharma-Cartel and lay the foundation of a new health care in the interest of the people. The time to act is now
German Pharma-Cartel Hoechst, Bayer and BASF – Unmasked as the Organizers of Auschwitz –Now Threaten World-Wide Vitamin Freedom
· German pharmaceutical multinationals Hoechst, Bayer and BASF spearhead international efforts to ban health information on vitamins and other natural therapies
· Deutsche Bank (German Bank), in a futile forward defense, admits that they financed the
concentration camp Auschwitz and Nazi war efforts on behalf of Hoechst, Bayer and BASF
· With credibility of the Pharma-Cartel at an all-time low, people around the world now have the historic opportunity to liberate themselves from the yoke of the Pharma-Cartel and its "business with disease"
· Health food stores and the health food community become cornerstones of a new community-based health care system that is effective, safe and affordable
The years 1999 and 2000, the turn of the millennium, also coincide with a fundamental turn in human history and human health. The 20th century will become known as an epoch were human health was controlled by the pharmaceutical industry, an industry that shamelessly promoted diseases as the basis for a trillion-dollar annual business with pharmaceutical drugs.
Now, at the end of this century of deadlock for human health, the most common diseases are recognized to be the direct result of vitamin deficiencies and therefore preventable in a natural way. As a direct result of this knowledge heart attacks, strokes, high blood pressure, heart failure affecting and killing millions of people today will become largely unknown during the 21st century.
In order to secure the survival of its trillion dollar global market, the pharmaceutical industry will put up a fierce fight against anything that threatens it. The key for the survival of the pharmaceutical industry, as we know it today, is the immediate and comprehensive ban of information about natural therapies, particularly health information about vitamins.
The health food stores and the natural health community at large is facing another wave of attacks from new regulations, legislation to the infiltration of the nutritional supplement industry and the take-over of vitamin companies by pharmaceutical multinationals.
In the battle for global health care in the next millennium there will be only one victor. On one side is the pharmaceutical industry which maintains and promotes disease as the very basis of expanding their pharmaceutical markets. On the other side is the natural health community with its goal to prevent and eliminate diseases through vitamins and other natural therapies.
In this historic battle, the Pharma-Cartel has received a series of severe blows before, among them the DSHEA act of 1994. But now, in February 1999, the Pharma-Cartel received its biggest blow from which it is unlikely to recover.Under pressure, Deutsche Bank (German bank) had to reveal that the German pharmaceutical companies Hoechst, Bayer and BASF, the spearheads of the international Pharma-Cartel, were the organizers of the worst crimes ever committed in recorded human history.
Chemical/pharmaceutical giants Hoechst, Bayer and BASF were the organizers of the Auschwitz concentration camp, the financiers of Hitler's rise to power, and the driving force of his military conquest of the world, the Second World War.
These revelations show the true face of the international Pharma-Cartel. In its insatiable greed to control the chemical and pharmaceutical markets of the world, this industry risked the death of over 50 million people during World War II. Now, with its plan to ban health information on vitamins, the same Pharma-Cartel risks death of more than 600 million people from preventable
disease in the next generation alone.On March 1, 1941, managers of Hoechst, Bayer and BASF (IG Farben) inspect the construction site of Auschwitz concentration camp with Hitler's Deputy, SS Chief Heinrich Himmler.
Pharmaceutical Industry – Business Based on Proliferating Diseases
· According to European health insurance companies, 98% of the pharmaceutical drugs currently marketed and prescribed are without proven efficacy. Thus it is now established that most pharmaceutical drugs can neither prevent diseases nor cure them.
· According to the Journal of the American Medical Association, severe and known side effects of pharmaceutical drugs are the fourth leading cause of death in the US and other industrialized countries. Thus, in an effort to expand their global markets, the pharmaceutical industry created the fourth largest epidemic to haunt mankind, the drug side effect epidemic.
(JAMA, April 15, 1998).
· In a public alert, the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) in its January 6, 1996 issue warned that all cholesterol-lowering drugs currently on the market cause cancer and should be avoided. Yet the Pharma-Cartel consistently ignores this warning. Since this public warning, the market for cholesterol-lowering drugs has been extended to an estimated 20 million people worldwide creating a time bomb for a future cancer epidemic.
· After publication of these anti-Pharma-Cartel studies in JAMA, the pressure of the Cartel on the American Medical Association (AMA) increased. In January 1999 in an unprecedented move the AMA fired JAMA-Editor-in-Chief Charles Lundberg under a bogus pretence. The real background of this step is the Pharma-Cartel's effort to control and manipulate the information provided to the doctors in America and beyond.
The credibility of the pharmaceutical industry with patients and consumers is approaching zero. In a desperate effort, the Pharma-Cartel is putting the finger in this dam of lost credibility.
1999/2000 Decisive Years in Battle of Human Health Against the Pharma Cartel
The next two years will be decisive in the global battle for a new health care. The Pharma-Cartel remains determined to outlaw health information on vitamins and other natural therapies worldwide.
· Spearheaded by Germany’s Hoechst, Bayer, and BASF, the world's largest exporters of pharmaceutical products, as well as the German government, the next meeting of the UN Codex Alimentarius Commission on nutrition and dietarysupplements is scheduled for spring 2000 in Berlin, Germany.
· With global mergers, the pharmaceutical industry tries to prepare for the decisive battle to manipulate world opinion about health matters with mass media advertising through sheer financial force.
· Lobbying and manipulation of national and international pharmaceutical laws remain a key tool in the Pharma-Cartel’s effort to suppress natural health information. In a spectacular move, German pharmaceutical giant Hoechst plans to merge with French Rhone Poulenc and establish its headquarters at Strasbourg, the seat of the future government of the United States of Europe.
· At the national level every legal device is used by the Pharma-Cartel to roll back earlier defeats. New nutritional labeling legislation is introduced by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) violating the accomplishments of the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994.
· New "standardization" rules and requirements for clinical studies are introduced making it difficult or impossible for vitamin companies to finance proving the efficacy of natural health remedies.
· As a last desperate step, pharmaceutical multinationals are trying to infiltrate the health food industry and its industry bodies. In the April 1996 edition of the Medical Investment Report, Rexall Sundown, an influential member of the NNFA and of the Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN) announced a "strategic alliance" with Hoechst. Shortly thereafter, Rexall Sundown tried to acquire other major vitamin companies in the US. Not surprisingly, at the last
meeting of Codex Alimentarius in September 1998, CRN was openly siding with the Pharma-Cartel’s position. Almost a side aspect in this context: Rexall Sundown was publicly connected to Organized Crime in a lead article of the April 14, 1997, issue of the Dow Jones Weekly Barron’s.
All these efforts are not signs of strength, but of a battle that can not be won by the pharmaceutical industry. But the biggest blow for the Pharma-Cartel was yet to come.
Hoechst, Bayer and BASF – Committing Crimes Against Humanity Then and Now
In a widely publicized speech at the city hall of Chemnitz, Germany on June 21, 1997, I had already revealed the dark Nazi past of Hoechst, Bayer and BASF in the context of our fight against the Codex Alimentarius plans. This tribunal against the Pharma-Cartel was immediately translated into several languages and disseminated through the Internet (http://www.drrath.com). Over the last 18 months this Chemnitz Program had created a public ground swell inside and outside of Germany.
It was this speech and its international repercussions that terminated 55 years of silence on the part of German companies ignoring the justified demands of victims from Auschwitz and other forced labor camps.
On February 4, 1999, 20 months later and under increasing international pressure, the largest German bank, Deutsche Bank, had to open Nazi files totaling more than 6 miles in length. The Deutsche Bank files about the Nazi connection of Hoechst, Bayer and BASF force us to revealed documents show: The true nature of the concentration camp Auschwitz was that of a forced labor site for IG Auschwitz, the largest industrial plant in W.W.II Europe and subsidiary of Hoechst, Bayer, and BASF's IG Farben.
· To achieve control of the world's natural resources and raw materials Hoechst, Bayer and BASF's promoted Hitler's rise to power and his W.W.II effort to conquer the world. With over 70 million Reichsmark (more than half a billion dollars in today's currency) they were the single largest donors to the Nazi Party, essentially financing the preparations for W.W.II.
To combine their strategic global efforts Hoechst, Bayer and BASF had formed a Cartel with the code name "IG Farben" (Interest Union Colors).
· Hoechst, Bayer, BASF’s IG Farben execu-tives Hermann Schmitz and Karl Krauch developed the four-year economic plan for the war preparation and met with Hitler’s Reichs-Marschall Hermann Göring on June 15, 1936. Three months later, on September 9, 1936, Hitler himself presented the IG Farben plan in a spectacular announcement as the "New Phase," the official Nazi economic policy to prepare for war.
· 80% of the positions in the newly created German Ministry of "Resources and Raw Materials" in W.W.II Germany were filled with Hoechst, Bayer and BASF specialists who coordinated the acquisition of industries and property in conquered European countries on behalf of IG Farben.
· The Auschwitz concentration camp was the forced labor outpost of "IG Auschwitz," the largest industrial plant in W.W.II Europe and a 100% subsidiary of Hoechst, Bayer and BASF's IG Farben. This concentration camp supplied free labor for nearby "IG Auschwitz" which produced 100% of all synthetic gasoline and rubber as well as other chemicals for Hitler's war. The chemical and pharmaceutical corporations Hoechst, Bayer and BASF were the organizers, architects and the operators of the Auschwitz concentration camp, the site of the worst crimes ever committed against humanity.
· To test unexplored pharmaceuticals and vaccines, Hoechst, Bayer and BASF used thousands of innocent inmates of the concentration camp as human guinea pigs. More than 50% of all participants died during these "experiments." Many more were silenced afterwards so that they would not be able to tell others about their torture.
· Daily selections among the work force of Hoechst, Bayer and BASF were made at the factory gate to optimize work efficiency of "IG Auschwitz." "Useless work force" was disposed of in the gas chambers of the Auschwitz camp. Even the extermination chemical Zyklon B was provided by Hoechst, Bayer and BASF's IG Farben.
· In the 1947 Nuremberg War Crime Tribunal several managers of Hoechst, Bayer and BASF were convicted of mass murder, slavery and other crimes against humanity. Telford Taylor, the lead US-Prosecutor at the Nuremberg Tribunal concluded: "Without the support of IG Farben the Second World War would not have been possible."
· In 1947 the Nuremberg War Tribunal dismantled the IG Farben-Cartel, but Hoechst, Bayer and BASF were allowed to continue. By 1953 all of the convicted managers were free and immediately assumed highest positions in post-war German industry.
· Only ten years later, in 1963, Hoechst, Bayer and BASF were ready for their next global attack on human rights. As part of the global expansion of their pharmaceutical market, Hoechst, Bayer and BASF had to make sure that the health benefits of vitamins remain unknown. Towards this end they pressed the German government to spearhead an international effort to ban vitamins and other non-patentable natural therapies. In 1963 the German government became the political executor of these plans by initiating the now infamous UN Codex Alimentarius commission on nutrition, and chairing this commission since.
Thousands of prisoners from all over Europe arriving at Auschwitz ramp were selected for forced labor or immediate death.
Deutsche Bank – Assisting in Crimes Against Humanity Then and Now
Why was Deutsche Bank's CEO Rolf Breuer forced to make these revelations and why did Deutsche Bank have to come out with the truth now, over half a century after the end of W.W.II?
· On February 6, 1999 the influential German Newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (FAZ) wrote about the Nazi-IG Farben documentation: "Deutsche Bank was the house bank of IG Farben and they (Hoechst, Bayer and BASF) dictated the business terms of this bank."
· Half a century ago Hoechst, Bayer and BASF dictated that Deutsche Bank finance Hitler's military conquest of the World on behalf of these chemical/pharmaceutical multinationals. Their involvement was so deep that a 1946 Allied investigation of the Deutsche Bank recommended it be liquidated and its leaders tried as war criminals.
· Today Deutsche Bank is still the "house bank" of the Pharma-Cartel and this bank plays the same role: Financing the way for the economic conquest of the world on behalf of the German Pharma-Cartel.
· This global strategy explains the current plan of Deutsche Bank to acquire Banker's Trust of America to become the largest bank in the world. In light of the facts, neither the people of America nor American corporations will benefit from this merger. To the contrary. People, politicians and anti-trust authorities in the USA should stop this merger now.
· The Pharma-Cartel sent Deutsche Bank boss Breuer into the minefield in an effort to clean up the Nazi past on their behalf. In a desperate forward defense they thought by revealing the historic facts they might be pardoned by the world opinion. This pardon, they know, is a precondition for the unhindered expansion of their global pharmaceutical market.
· Even with the timing for going public with this historic confession, Deutsche Bank and the Pharma-Cartel showed how much they fear the light of the day. The revelations were deliberately placed during times of maximum media distraction in the US the last days of the Clinton impeachment trial and in Germany at the climax of carnival season.
Pharma-Cartel CEOs Dormann (Hoechst), Strube (BASF) and Schneider (Bayer). The current management of these corporations is hand selected and shaped by the previous Chairmen of these corporations. Winnacker (Chairman Hoechst), Wurster (Chairman BASF) and Hansen
(Chairman Bayer) were all members of the Nazi party during W.W.II. and held the highest corporate positions of these pharmaceutical companies until the early 1980s.
Futile Efforts by the German Government to Protect the Pharma-Cartel’s Interests
The current German government continues the tradition and functions as a blind servant of the German Pharma-Cartel. Immediately after he had become German Chancellor in September 1998, Gerhard Schroeder started a whole series of secret meetings at the Chancellery
with executives from Hoechst, Bayer, BASF and other German companies. The purpose of these meetings was to find a way to protect German companies from an avalanche of class action lawsuits from concentration camp survivors.
Schroeder assigned his chief of staff Bodo Hombach to the job of manipulating public opinion and twisting the arms of the Jewish community as well as the US-government officials. Hombach’s travel party includes Rolf Breuer, the CEO of the German Bank who was sent on this sinner’s pilgrimage by his corporate clients.The targets of the Hombach-Breuer mission in the US are, among others:
· The World Jewish Council from whom they want approval,
· Ed Fagan and other attorneys from class action lawsuits who are pressed to abandon those lawsuits,
· The US financial and anti-trust authorities, among them New York City Comptroller Alan Hevesi, who are pressed to approve the merger between Deutsche Bank and Banker’s Trust,
· Stuart Eizenstat, Under Secretary for Economic, Business and Cultural affairs at the US-State Department, who is pressed to legally exclude any further lawsuits from Nazi victims.
Hombach’s mission is to try to pressure the US government for a legal guarantee that German corporations would not be held responsible any longer for the crimes they committed. In return, on February 16, Schroeder and Hombach announced a "fund" for Nazi victims, which would leave some victims with a few hundred dollars each, while ignoring most of them.
The proposed deal would mean that in return for starting the Second World War, plundering all of Europe, killing millions of people and using millions more as slaves, the German Pharma-Cartel would be pardoned in return for a donation of a few million dollars and given green light to continue plundering millions of people worldwide by means of a trillion-dollar pharmaceutical market.
On Thursday, February 11, Germany’s Chancellor Schoeder even had the audacity to meet with President Clinton pressing him to back this remarkable plan. He was not successful.
Medical experiments (here typhoid vaccines from Bayer corporation) were conducted with Auschwitz concentration camp inmates. More than half the innocent participants died cruelly during these experiments.
Lessons to Be Learned for History
There can be no amnesty for Hoechst, Bayer, BASF, the builders of Auschwitz, as long as these corporations continue to commit crimes against humanity.
In the interest of excessive financial gains, these corporations continue to cause
unnecessary suffering and premature death of millions of people by maintaining and proliferating diseases in epidemic proportions in order to expand a global pharmaceutical market of over one trillion dollars.
With their plan to ban life-saving health in-formation on vitamins and other natural therapies, they actively prevent the eradication of heart attacks, strokes and other common diseases, the primary cause of which are vitamin deficiencies.
Hoechst, Bayer, BASF and other members of the international Pharma-Cartel have to be held responsible not only by the survivors of the Auschwitz concentration camp, but by millions of patients world-wide who have fallen sick, remained sick or by the relatives of patients who died as the result of known severe side effects of pharmaceutical drugs.
IG Auschwitz workers, exhausted from forced labor, were disposed of in the Auschwitz gas chambers. IG Farben even manufactured and provided Zyklon B, the chemical substance that was used to kill them together with 5 million other innocent victims.
Why We Can Win the Battle Against the Pharma-Cartel
The main reason why we can and will win this battle for a new health care system is that truth is on our side. The Pharma-Cartel can only win if it is able to suppress the truth. We can win if we speak out loudly about the truth. This is true for the historic facts as well as for the current facts presented in this letter. Let’s have a look at the recent years:
· In 1991 I discovered that heart attacks and strokes are no diseases but, similar to scurvy, the result of vitamin deficiencies and therefore preventable. These discoveries are summarized in my book "Why Animals Don’t Get Heart Attacks – But People Do."
· For the pharmaceutical companies it was clear at that time that the survival of their hundred billion dollar annual market of cardiovascular pharmaceuticals had become dependent on one single factor: how effectively could they prevent the information about this medical breakthrough from spreading.
· It was this medical breakthrough that triggered the fierce attack on nutritional supplements led by the FDA on behalf of the Pharma-Cartel. But they could not win this battle. The people of America won the battle for vitamin freedom culminating in the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA).
· Analysts confirmed that the DSHEA of 1994 was the worst defeat in the history of both the FDA and the Pharmaceutical industry. Once again, the moral strength that comes with the truth has prevailed over financial and political power.
· With the US the largest national market was lost for the Pharma-Cartel, forcing it to turn to the international level. This is the background why the dormant UN Codex Alimentarius Commission was suddenly reactivated in 1995, bringing the center of the global battle for vitamin freedom to Germany.
· In 1996 my book was published in German and in 1997 I moved to Europe to lead the battle against the head of the Pharma-Cartel-hydra directly from its doorstep. We were able to achieve some remarkable accomplishments:
· At the Codex Alimentarius meeting in Berlin, September 21-25, 1998, the Pharma-Cartel was unable to get consensus from the delegates of more than 40 countries. The plan to outlaw natural health information globally had to be postponed to the next meeting in spring 2000. The resistance we had put up before and during the Codex meeting in Berlin, including the Berlin Tribunal against the Pharma-Cartel, is documented on our Website.
· In the Federal German elections the previous chancellor Helmut Kohl was voted out of office by a landslide defeat. Helmut Kohl was a former lobbyist for the Pharma-Cartel and had been promoted by the Cartel into the highest position of the German government. From there he served the Pharma-Cartel politically for 16 years on the national and international level.
· Analysts confirmed that our national cam-paign for vitamin freedom in Germany became the single most important factor in the land slide defeat that washed away not only Helmut Kohl but also the entire previous government.
· On behalf of patients world-wide and to clear up the role of Helmut Kohl as political accomplice for the criminal practices of the Pharma-Cartel I filed a complaint against Kohl for assisting in crimes against humanity and other felonies with the Federal prosecutor in Bonn. The text of the complaint can be reviewed on our Website and could serve as a starting point for class action lawsuits against the Pharma-Cartel in many countries.
Responsibility of Health Food Stores
During the battle for vitamin freedom in the US from 1992 to 1994, the role of the health food stores can not be overestimated. Thousands of health food stores across America became the locations were information was disseminated to millions of customers, and they were the coordination points of fighting back the attack of the Pharma-Cartel.
In this battle the health food community gained invaluable experience for the next and decisive stage of the battle. There can be no doubt that the Pharma-Cartel wants to eliminate the natural health sector or confine it to a fringe existence. But the actual role of the health food store is exactly opposite:
Health food stores across America have become the corner stones of a new community-based health care system. By joining the public fight against the Pharma-Cartel at this new and decisive stage, the health food stores of America and beyond will emerge as the natural leaders into a new era of human health. This new health care system will have rid itself from the yoke of the Pharma-Cartel and will promote the prevention, natural healing and, above all, the eradication of diseases.
What Needs to Be Done Now
There simply can not be amnesty for the organizers of Auschwitz as long as they continue to risk the lives of millions of people worldwide.
The first and foremost task is to inform your customers about these developments and the background. You may copy this Open Letter and hand it to your customers. Your store should become a continuous information center that can serve your customers with information they do not receive anywhere else.
Your customers may also want to take a firm stand on this important issue. Here are some actions that need to be taken up immediately. Make sure your Senator, Congressman and the White House learn about your opinion:
· No legislation can be allowed protecting the organizers of Auschwitz from further lawsuits from their victims
· All talks with German politicians acting on behalf of the Organizers of Auschwitz need to be stopped immediately
· There can be no approval of the merger between Deutsche Bank and Bankers Trust designed to pave the way to expand the grip of the German Pharma-Cartel on the American people and businesses. Let your opinion be known
· German Chancellor Schroeder, Chief of Staff Hombach and other accomplices of the Pharma-Cartel must be declared undesired persons in America as long as they act as accomplices of the Pharma-Cartel and support Codex Alimentarius. Send them an E-mail at the address below.
· Hoechst, Bayer, and BASF, the organizers of Auschwitz and the spearheads of the international Pharma-Cartel and of Codex Alimentarius must be banned from trading on any US stock exchange. Speak with your political representative, help to make the issue public.
· Consumers in the US and around the world must boycott all products from Hoechst, Bayer, and BASF until these companies have paid due compensation for the past crimes against slave labor victims as well as the other destruction and suffering their action caused across Europe. Inform your friends, neighbors and colleagues about this boycott. Ask local newspapers to write about it.
· Individual and class action lawsuits must be filed against Hoechst, Bayer, and BASF and other pharmaceutical companies by patients who suffered from severe side effects of drugs marketed by those companies.
· Pharmaceutical companies must open their files on the side effects of pharmaceutical drugs they are selling in order to protect patients from being harmed.
· Write to your political representatives urging them to stop any and all support for the Pharma-Cartel’s plan to restrict health information in relation to vitamins and other natural therapies at the national or international level.
· Write to your political representatives urging them to stop all legislative and regulatory plans undermining the accomplishments of the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act.
· Write to the Commissioner of the FDA, the FTC and inform them that any regulation they issue that complicates the free exchange of life saving information on natural health, is compromising human health and human lives. Any official involved in such measures should be tried for criminal offenses.
· When you deal next time with CRN or any other organizations pretending to represent your interest, have a close look.
I encourage you to join this new stage of fighting the Pharma-Cartel in your own interest for the survival of your health food store, in the interest of your customers and of millions of Americans who are interested in effective, safe and affordable natural health.
Matthias Rath, M.D.
Important E-mail adresses and URL's:
· Alan Hevesi, Comptroller of New York City
· Bankers Trust Alex Brown
· Stuart Eizenstat, Under Secretary for Economic, Business, and Agricultural Affairs, US-State Department
· President Clinton
· Vice-President Gore
· Simon Wiesenthal Center L.A.
· US Embassy Germany
· Edward Fagan, Attorney for Auschwitz victims, New York, NY
Fax: 212 839-7127
· Gerhard Schroeder, Chancellor,Bonn
· Bodo Hombach,Secretary of the Chancellery, Bonn
· Germany’s Central Council of Jews
Zentralrat der Juden in Deutschland, Rungsdorferstraße 6, D-53173 Bonn
Fax. +49 (0) 228 35 54 69
· Deutsche Bank
· Dresdner Bank
· Government of Israel (Knesset)
· World Jewish Congress
· World Health Organization